- Sort by Default Order
Practice in comfort Perform in StyleThe Mitchell Dance Platform is a portable sprung floor with a natural bounce. The sprung floor gives the dancers more comfort and protection while dancing. This has been proven to help reduce injuries and prolong dancers careers significantly. The platform has great acoustics and gives dancers and teachers an unrivalled sound while practising steps or teaching classes Hear you clicks clearly and cleanly, helping you to improve you steps. Practice in your bedroom, garage or outdoors on nice days without damaging your parents floor or risking injury. Perfect for when you want to drill do on specific steps outside of class
A new addition to the percussion family of instruments the Mitchell Drum was designed with the intention to connect people through a collective love of music. Simplicity was the focus when designing the Mitchell Drum resulting in an instrument that is easy to play and fun to use. Weighing just over 1kg and with dimensions 35cm x 29cm x 8cm the Mitchell Drum is not only light weight but very compact. Do not let the size of the MD size fool you. Constructed with the highest quality birch and walnut material ensuring this drum projects rather than absorbs the sound resulting in a little drum with a big kick. Committed to achieving the best sound possible in such a small space the range of tones created are dynamic and full bodied. The most distinctive tone in the Mitchell Drum is that of a really tight receptive snare. The gentlest tap of a finger on the playing surface brings the drum to life with a beautiful crisp clear snare free from rattle or distortion. The responsive action of the MD allows the musician to play hard or soft without losing control. Towards the middle of the drum you will find a medium bass tone with a deep woody feel. This earthy dimension gives sublime interaction between notes with delightful qualities that are enriching and playful. At the top corners of the MD you are met with a bright expressive slap tone that engages and excites. Full of tonal flavour and colour that induces a separation to the high snare and creates a beautiful contrast between notes. A surprisingly unique and distinctive feature of the Mitchell Drum is the option to wear the drum around your waist and move around freely while playing. Using the waist strap provided and securing the MD to your hip you can play standing up and moving around without risk losing control. This allows for more interaction and musical communication while opening up many creative possibilities. The waist strap serves a second purpose allowing you to play the MD comfortably while sitting down. Wrap the strap under your legs then reduce its size to insure the MD is sitting on your lap without movement. You can now play along with your family or friends and provide a beautiful rhythmic section. The MD provides all lovers of music the perfect percussion instrument to accompany them where ever they go. Being light weight and compact makes the MD easier to bring around with you without feeling burdened.
- MITCHELL DRUM ELECTRIC - PORTABLE SNARE DRUM
- PLAY WITH YOUR HAND OR DRUM STICKS WITH RUBBER TIPS
- PLAY THE MITCHELL DRUM STANDING UP SECURING THE STRAP AROUND YOUR WAIST OR SIT DOWN AND PLAY THE DRUM ON YOUR LAP
- THE MITCHELL DRUM HAS TWO DISTINCT PLAYING SURFACES AND TONES. PLAY THE FRONT SURFACE WITH A RECEPTIVE HIGH SNARE AND MEDIUM BASS TONE OR PLAY THE BACK SURFACE WITH A DEEP MEDIUM CONGA TONE.
- THE MITCHELL DRUM ELECTRIC HAS A BUILT IN TRANSDUCER PICKUP MICROPHONE. PLUG THE MITCHELL DRUM INTO ANY SPEAKER, PA OR SOUND SYSTEM AND FULLY AMPLIFY THE SOUND OF YOUR DRUM.
- PERFECT FOR ALL OCCASIONS WHERE A PERCUSSION SOUND IS REQUIRED.
The Mitchell Drum Light; is our newest addition to the Mitchell Drum range. Weighing less than 1kg and only 30cm x 23cm x 7cm the Mitchell Drum Light (MDL) is our smallest version yet. Although smaller than our standard model the MDL still packs a sonic punch. Made from the highest quality birch and walnut material our newest drum projects a loud consistent sound. The Mitchell Drum Light is a woody sounding drum that comprises of multiple clear distinctive notes. Along the bottom half of the drum you will find a low to medium bass with an attractive earthy feel, moving to the top half of the drum you are met with a bright energetic tone that resonates freely and finally playing the outer corners of the drum you will engage a highly distinctive slap with a beautiful bite. The multitude of sounds available from the MDL will keep the most earnest musician fulfilled while its simplicity enables the MDL to be the perfect first instrument to those who are ready to begin their musical journey. Every MDL come complete with a waist strap that allows the musician to wear the MDL on their hip and play while standing up and moving around. The freedom of movement provided by our waist strap helps assist the musician in feeling the music better in turn allowing their contribution to be more organic and natural. Finding the beat with your feet and then allowing it to pass through your body and out your hands will make learning the MDL that much easier, as well as more fun. Dancing along to your favourite song while providing rhythmic overtones with the MDL is a fun and easy way to begin your musical journey in its most basic and simple form. The waist strap serves a second purpose allowing you to play the MDL comfortably while sitting down. Wrap the strap under your legs then reduce so the MDL is sitting freely on your lap without movement. When you get tired from dancing around this enables you to relax on your favourite couch, still playing along with your family and friends while not having to worry about the MDL moving or falling, giving you the freedom to focus on providing great backing beats. The MDL is very responsive to your touch so you can play as loud or as soft as you like depending on how you feel and the situation. The Mitchell Drum Light is a perfect instrument for all lovers of music, from the young to the young at heart and a great addition to our musical family. I would even go a step further a say the MDL is the perfect family instrument, where parents and children can have fun playing together and learning a musical instrument. Whether creating your own music or playing along to your favourite songs. This family activity can become a fun and interactive part of your daily routine and what better way than through a collective love of music.
A portable sprung floor with built in Pickup (Microphone).
- The sprung floor means the platform has a natural bounce which gives the dancers more comfort and protection while dancing. This has been proven to help reduce injuries and prolong dancers careers significantly.
- The built in Pickup is unlike anything available worldwide today. The Pickup enables the dancer to plug the Platform into any speaker or PA and fully amplify the dancers steps. This enables dancers steps to be heard loudly while performing at any live show, for example; Weddings, Corporate Events or even Busking. Dancers are also using them to increase the quality of their social media posts and professional dance projects.
- The platform has great acoustics and gives dancers and teachers an unrivaled sound while practicing steps or teaching classes
- If you want to practice your steps like a pro.
- If you have an important recital or championship and you do not want to risk dancing on a solid unyielding floor with no natural bounce.
- If you have a major competition coming up and need to drill down on specific steps outside of class.
- If you have a performance at a venue where you worry the dance surface will not be adequate.
- If you are dancing in your local school or community and you want to be confident that you will heard clearly and audibly.
- If you want to busk or provide street entertainment in your town or city during festivals, like St Patricks Day or the Fleadh Cheoil.
- If you want to record high quality videos with your friends, demonstrating the new steps you have learnt and share them on your social media pages.
- If you have a live performance gig or event so you can plug the Platform into a Speaker, Amplifier or PA system.
- You can be confident that the audience will hear your steps and appreciate your art.
- If you are teaching a group and you want to make sure the students can hear your steps clearly and concisely.
- If you are in college or University and have no where to Practice.
- If you are not allowed practice at home because you will damage the floor.
- If you are recording steps for an album or backing tracking, the platform can be plugged directly into the mixing desk.